- Glaucoma is the most common cause of irreversible blindness
- It is estimated that 79.6 million individuals have glaucoma in 2020
- At least, half of those with glaucoma are unaware that they are affected.
- Glaucoma is usually asymptomatic until it causes severe vision loss or severe ocular pain.
- Melanoma can start in the retina and spread to other parts of the body, which is life-threatening. Retina examination is recommended every 1-2 years depending on your risk factors.
As we age, the gel inside the eye starts to separate from the retina. As it separates, it can cause retina breaks which can lead to retinal detachment. It is important to have a retina exam every 1-2 years depending on your personal risk factors.